Kodi Cheap Android boxes

Sharpy1

In Runtime
Hi everyone I'm interested in putting a machine in my kids room capable of streaming films from nas to kodi

It has to be able to decode 1080p h264 and 720p h265
Also play dolby digital and dts sound

Being able to decode h265 1080p would be a bonus

I want this device to be as cheap and as small as possible I have currently been looking at android boxs eg mxr mxq on eBay and Amazon does anyone know if these devices are any good if so decent recommended places to buy would be appreciated.

Also had the idea of installing openelec on one of these boxes if anyone has experience

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Computer Forums mobile app

I program both fire sticks and android boxes. You can use either one to stream movies, music, video games etc.. The "mxq" boxes have a tendency to lag and re-buffer a lot (they have 1GB of ram) so you get what you pay for.

Hi ghetto I have managed to get my hands on one of these boxes I have updated it and reinstalled kodi v16.1 added my media from nas all seems OK on the video playback checked kodis logs

H264 1080p DTS video plays smooth

H265 video does not play without disabling hardware acceleration and then the cpu overloads and glitches the video

Both of these movies are stored locally on a nas

Any ideas how I could fix this problem or a replacement box capable of high def 1080p h265 video

My box is a ott tv box mxr 4k

I have also tested the same files outside of kodi using the boxes own video player it plays h265 720p without much trouble is this a firmware problem or a kodi problem although kodi plays these same files fine on my desktop htpc

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Also note that there is a modified version of kodi called RXMC installed and the files play fine on that too but if you install genuine kodi it black screens and plays audio only

Back
Top Bottom