Keylogger removal issue with webroot

lol no the stupid thing didnt give me a file path if it did id a never come here.....i so confused, lol.

ok iv been talkin to some people and i remember that when i used McAfee if got rid of a keylogger but still when i use webroot it says that i have a personal inspector on my computer. and webroot wont remove it....but does it matter that i have the trial version? because i still have like 7 days with it, and its all updated definitions and stuff like that.

Well ... i would've though that the safe mode thing should've done it but it is definately hiding somewhere where it can get back in
Try clearing out all your temporary internet files with ccleaner to see if anything is hiding in there
Disable all startup items except the ones you need which are valid such as firewall and antivirus and so on
It sounds like a trojan keylogger so i would get something that is specifically designed to remove such things
Try this one, i haven't tried it so i am not exactly sure
http://www.simplysup.com/
Good luck

There is a trojan scanner called a2 squared that you can download and use for free from www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

You do have to register, but It seems quite safe. I get the rare update email from them but don't get any spam.

Easy to use and scans my 120GB drive in about 30mins.

Hope that helps with your little critter.

Back
Top Bottom