Keylogger..

MikeReiner

Golden Master
So out of nowhere an icon showed up on my system tray. It was called Adamax keylogger.

I searched for it, and found that it was NBRY.exe in c:\Windows\System32\Sys32

A folder that shouldn't exist..
So, panicked, I pulled my ethernet cable out. I checked that .exe to find it has been there since November 6th... nice.. thats just fantastic. So here I am on another PC, changing all my passwords.

Anybody else had to deal with this sort of thing?

rofl! pwned.

good to see someone finds a funny side to it all :rolleyes:

you might still be ok, if your antivirus/firewall didnt let it communicate with the internet so it couldnt send whatever it had been logging to the host :)

would it let u delete it?.. try scanning it with ur Antivirus... btw what antivirus u runnin.. most these days. ask for ur permission if somethin is tryin to access the internet..

So out of nowhere an icon showed up on my system tray. It was called Adamax keylogger.

I searched for it, and found that it was NBRY.exe in c:\Windows\System32\Sys32

A folder that shouldn't exist..
So, panicked, I pulled my ethernet cable out. I checked that .exe to find it has been there since November 6th... nice.. thats just fantastic. So here I am on another PC, changing all my passwords.

Anybody else had to deal with this sort of thing?
That's a seriously scary keylogger, it will completly hide itself and send emails containing your keystrokes and screenshots.

Regardless, my passwords have been changed, my hard drive has been formatted, and I'm running an up to date version of NOD32.

I'm at a loss how this got on my system.

Regardless, my passwords have been changed, my hard drive has been formatted, and I'm running an up to date version of NOD32.

I'm at a loss how this got on my system.
passwords/format isn't what i'd be worried about. CC#'s, bank accounts, paypal.... that's what i'd be worried about. however, it could just be someone screwing with you.

passwords/format isn't what i'd be worried about. CC#'s, bank accounts, paypal.... that's what i'd be worried about. however, it could just be someone screwing with you.

Those do not apply to me.

I have never entered that kind of information on this machine before.

These kinds of things make me consider a PC specifically for ordering stuff online. One that would see reformats regularly.

Back
Top Bottom