Keyboard error on boot up

Ian Thurtell

Beta member
Hi There,
New to the Forum and got a silly little niggaly thing that is bugging me ad am sure there must be a fix to.

I am now using a Microsoft wireless key board and mouse which is just usb (no PS2 cable)

When turning the computer on the moutherboard scans for a keyboard (ps2 plug) and of course flashes up an error message as none where found.

Is there anyway of disabling this message.

In typing this I have now thought about it more. This should be possible in the BIOS setup, can anyone confirm.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi There,
New to the Forum and got a silly little niggaly thing that is bugging me

Is it me, or is that not a good choice of words to use... i had to read it a few times when i first saw it :)

and maybe its a problem with the USB or the drivers - have you checked to see in Device Manager if your USB are working correctly - and that your Keyboard/Mouse Drivers are updated?

Also, if they have been installed properly - your keyboard and mouse should come up under Human Interface Devices in Device Manager.

Hi there,
Cant see any problem in using the word nigaly (however you spell it) Why would there be??

With regards to your post, it is not a windows problem that I have. It is when the computer first switches on and does its system checks (memory, drives etc) before windows is even looked at.

Ian

Easy. You will need to enter BIOS (Hit Del repeatedly (sp)) and look in the advanced section. Look for "Halt On" option and select none. It bypasses ALL errors. If it's not in the advanced options, then try looking in the other tabs. Don't be shy to look around. There won't be any other problem.

Hi There,
Thought it would be the BIOS setup. I will give it a go.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if I upset anyone with my first post.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom