keyboard doesn't work with p,4,6,8,0

It's vertical and horizontal together creating a coordinate-like signal.

But what I'm saying is is that maybe the vertical signal is starting to crap out at 0 4 6 8 and the next ones to go will be the letters directly below those keys

Why?          

If the pattern continues, such as P going after 0, which p is below zero, I just have a theory that the next ones to go will be under 4, 6, or 8. Or the semi colon/colon button will go next. I'm just stating an idea

It's hardly a theory. It's guessing in the dark. Just because p is immediately below 0 doesn't mean that the other vertical lines involved should fail -- keep in mind these three lines are separate from each other, and different from the one of p and 0.

Are you comfortable with taking out the key caps?

See if something is stuck underneath.

Try depressing the keys directly, without the caps.

Since they don't work, I could try it. What's the best way to get them off?

Thanks

Abe

I usually just use my hand. But you could (for example) use a small spoon to help, as long as it doesn't scratch the keyboard or damage it.

Using "P" for example: →[P]←

You could try to "pluck" it out from either side (as opposed to from the top or bottom). You would need to apply some force, but nothing too extreme. It is more tedious, but less forceful than opening a can of soda.

And to put it back, just press it down firmly until it clicks. P, 4, 6, 8, and 0 should have similar structures underneath the cap, so you could perhaps try with one first, get comfortable with this, before you try the others.

Back
Top Bottom