keyboard doesn't work with p,4,6,8,0

abe1

Beta member
My wife has an "Acer Aspire One" laptop and 5 keys don't work; p,4,6,8,0.

Everything else works fine. Any ways that I can try to get these boys working again?

Thank you
Abe

My wife has an "Acer Aspire One" laptop and 5 keys don't work; p,4,6,8,0.

Everything else works fine. Any ways that I can try to get these boys working again?

Thank you
Abe

If a keyboard goes out, it's usually not good. What do you mean the 5 keys don't work? Will you press them and they don't respond, or will they not depress?

How old is the machine? It may still be under warranty, and if it is, contact the company and they will replace the keyboard.

If a keyboard goes out, it's usually not good. What do you mean the 5 keys don't work? Will you press them and they don't respond, or will they not depress?

They will depress but nothing shows up on the screen. Sorry I didn't make that clear to begin with.

Thanks for the reply.

Abe

How old is the machine? It may still be under warranty, and if it is, contact the company and they will replace the keyboard.

My wife's out of town and she's got the paperwork .... somewhere. :facepalm:

And since she's a "hoarder-in-training", I'll let her look for it. :eek:

Thanks for the idea.

Abe

My wife's out of town and she's got the paperwork .... somewhere. :facepalm:

And since she's a "hoarder-in-training", I'll let her look for it. :eek:

Thanks for the idea.

Abe

Sorry dude, I doubt your laptop is still under warranty, because they only usually last one year. If you give me the exact model, I will find a keyboard for you and I'll give you a link of how to replace the keyboard

Sorry dude, I doubt your laptop is still under warranty, because they only usually last one year. If you give me the exact model, I will find a keyboard for you and I'll give you a link of how to replace the keyboard

The model number is ZA3.

Thanks for your offer to help. I really appreciate it.

Abe

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

try restarting the laptop

I've restarted it so many times that when I click on "Restart", I actually hear the computer cry out, "Oh, no, not again."

But thanks for the reply.

Abe

Are you comfortable with taking out the key caps?

See if something is stuck underneath.

Try depressing the keys directly, without the caps.

Back
Top Bottom