Keyboard in CS:S

Phire

Baseband Member
Hey, for some reason my non-wireless keyboard suddenly stops working in counter-strike source and all that happens is me moving around without controlling. I can only move foward (without pressing anything), and not backwards, reload, jump, or change weapon. My mouse works okay, and I can look around and shoot, but I cannot stop moving foward. So I just take out the cable from the back of my computer and reconnect it, and then it works fine. But it's a damn nuisance. Anyone know the problem??

And also, sometimes whenever I use Ventrilo, my microphone suddenly stops working too, so I have to go to the Setup button and change the settings, bind the key with the usual button, then it works again. Please help?

I have windows xp, SP2.

Sounds like either, A, your USB or input device drivers are corrupted, or, B, your windows installation has a kernel side corruption that is causing the input device to randomly "hiccup". Try reinstalling your USB/input drivers first, then, reformat.

are you sure it's the actual keyboard itself?
it only happens with Counter-Strike Source...(im not sure about other Valve games though). But everytime I start up CS:S, Steam tells me to update my graphics driver, but I can't find the right one anyway. Maybe this is a problem to my keyboard?? (Sorry that's such a newbie question :p)

no it's not. i get the same message every time. my friend had the same problem. we couldn't figure out why it was being stupid. he reformated for another reason but it fixed the problem on CS.

i would try four things(in order),if one fails try the next one:

1)uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers
2)borrow someone elses keyboard for awhile and see if it does the same thing
3)Save your profile in CS:S then uninstall and reinstall CS:S
4)reformat

Back
Top Bottom