which key brings up boot loader option?

dcjose201

Baseband Member
Hey all, haven't been on here in awhile, anyway I have a Compaq Tablet PC TC1000 that I am trying to reformat. I went into bios and couldnt find a option so that I can choose to boot from the removable cd-rom drive. Can anybody point me in the right direction please? I am reformatting because I friend of mine gave me the computer and it has all sorts of viruses in it. I figured I might as well just do a complete format. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hold pause break to make the Splash screen stay on and keep on pressing Delete from the start

For me, its ESC
Try that.
If should say on your startup screen once you turn your computer on

Hold pause break to make the Splash screen stay on and keep on pressing Delete from the start

Thats the BIOS. Hes looking for Boot Selection.

I have tried all your suggestions and still havent been able to get it to show up. It doesnt say anything on the bottom of the screen either. I have already checked to see what it says and nothing is relevant.

F12 is the norm on a lot of machines, have you tried that? Additionally, you sometimes have to enable the boot menu in the BIOS first, so it would be worth looking around for that option in there, too. :)

I must be a moron because I still cant get it to load after all your suggestions. I am getting frustrated with this laptop lol

Back
Top Bottom