Keeps Crashing!!

PhantomPhreak

Beta member
How do...
Been having a bit of trouble with my pc lately, everytime i try and play a game the computer reboots itself!!

Spec...

Abit NF8 Mobo
Athlon 64bit 3000
300 GB HDD
1GB RAM (2 * 512MB)
Radion 9800 PRO 128MB

Ive ruled out overheating, purely because the computer runs quite cool, about 39 degrees under load, im thinking memory issue, one of my sticks of 512 maybe, havent had time for gaming much since building it back in jan, so the pc has been in 1 piece for quite a while, just getting a chance to test it really

Anyone got any ideas, or any software i can perhaps run to find or get a better idea of the prob

Thanks for your help!

I've had this problem and so has my friend. My problem was that I didn't have enough RAM to support the game and had this some virus that caused it to randomly reboot(mainly during games). I used Avast antivirus to get rid of the virus and it stopped randomly rebooting durring games or at any other time. You can get a free 90 day trail of avast antivirus at download.com.

Your thought on memory may be correct. Remove one stick and try it then swap them.

Do you have two of the same brand sticks of memory ?
make shure they are seated down all the way..

PhantomPhreak

windows usually resets itself because, there is a serious error so what i would do is ether check your event log (admin tools>eventviewer), and see whats causing the problem; or if you just dont want it to reset. go to control panel>system properties>setup recovery, then uncheck auto reset.

Is it just one game? I was having this trouble with battlefield 1942 (I think it was actually punkpuster causeing the trouble).

I never got to the bottom of it before I switched to my new machine.

Thanks all for your replies, They are both Crucial 512 sticks, used their handy Memory matcher to get the memory, although both sticks were bought on separate occasions.

Not with the same game, played Alien Vs Preditor the other day and it crashed then, and i was bored so i played Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and it crashed again still...i mean roller coaster tycoon isnt really a graphically taxing game. thats why i played it...

Just wondering does anyone know if any software i can run to perform a memory check?? I think their are a few about, but i dont know which are good

memtest
You will have to google for it.
are the two sticks you have in the right sockets?
If they are the same but NOT IDENTICAL then you can't use them as dual channel.
Dual channel must have perfectly matched pairs.
Check your mobo configuration to make sure you have them in the right sockets.

Back
Top Bottom