Keeping My System Cool

datkins91

In Runtime
Hey all,

I need advice on the best way to keep my system cool as it's running very hot when under stress.. primarily because I'm not making use of all the fan placements on the case.. of which there are only 3!

I have 1 120mm rear fan and 2 120mm front fans... so I'm thinking I should make the most of these by installing 2 fans with 75 CFM at the front (decent amount of airflow I thought) and then I thought perhaps an even higher CFM for the rear fan, as I only have one space for an exhaust! So ideally I thought it should be quite a powerful one...

What do you guys think?

Your 3 fans should be good enough.
Have you overclock the CPU or GPU?
Are you using the stock CPU cooler?

The front fans does'nt need too have as high cfm as 75. You also likely will have tinnitus pretty soon with such a powerful fan set up. :)

Get a pair of silent Noctua fans for the front intakes, and a higher cfm fan, like around 75 for the exhaust fan instead.

Have you fixed the cable clutter inside the case? That will have quite an impact on the air flow. What cpu cooler do you got?

Last edited:
The GPU & CPU are not overclocked Biker, I have a 212 EVO heat-sink installed also.

Wolf, these fans are like £4 and apparently only reach 22 dBA :) .. so they're quite quiet! Additionally, my system does seem to get very warm under stress and the case is quite small... I thought I'd need the extra CFM. There is no cable clutter whatsoever also!

Nice case! But a little too much for me personally! I think that kind of case is designed for extreme cooling for people running multiple GPUs by the looks of it! Very nice though ^^

The 212 Evo should keep any CPU cool if it's not overclocked.
Sure you have connected it properly. Did you remember to apply thermal paste on the CPU before placing the cooler on it?

what are your CPU temps?

Well it depends my cpu is a amd fx 8320 and I have that cooler but since it is so hot where I live my max temps are around 55 Celsius

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Back
Top Bottom