Keeping that computer cool...

I have a problem, I'm not sure if it's minor or major. But here it is. My computer case only supports ONE extra fan, so I got a fan for it. Then I go to plug it in, the connecting cable is to short. Then I look at the pins where you plug it in, my fan only has two, my motherboard has three.

So being the creative guy I am, I grabbed a house fan, stuck it next to my computer, putit on high and presto it was cooling down. Because the only fan I have in my entire computer is just the powersupply fan. Horrible isn't it? And my computer is a Pentium 4 @ 2.8 GHz so that sucker heats up quite good!

NOw here come the questions. Any help you can provide is GREATLY appreciated.

I need a way to keep my PC much cooler because the origiinal fan I used, I dubbed it, the GOAF, or the God Of All Fans, suddenly up and died on me. So I got a smaller one working for me. Now I need ideas on how to keep this thing cool until I can get my new case. Also, IMPORTANT, my motherboard only has a spot for what seems like 1 fan. Can someone do some research on an ASUS P4P800S-X Series? Because I've checked the manual at least 8 times, and I can not find any other place except one spot to insert just ONE fan.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

It depends on the case you have. Most cases have at least one rear exhaust fan you can add. Some have two. You need that exhaust fan back there. I sure hope you have a fan on your CPU too.

Again, as with most cases, there's a side fan too but according to what you are saying, you may not even have that fan option. So just load up on the back of the case, buy an exhaust blower, hard drive cooler and you should be set.

dont worry about being able to plug fans into the motherboard because a lot if not most fans u buy come with a connecter to plug them into the power supply as for keeping your comp cool until u get your new case just leave the side pannel off

i have the same mobo,and a pentium 3.06 ghz chip.
yes you are correct, there is only one set of pins for the cpu fan and one set for the chasis fan. that being said, i have five fans runnung in mine, as i have been havivg heat problems. do you use the asus probe to monitor your temps>
woz

I did, but I uninstalled it. It just wasn't that great. (I'm using a ASUS K8V SE Deluxe)

I have the case off. You know the thing that makes it so you can't see into the thing or whatever. Well I have a CPU fan. Man if I didn't have that thing then everything would be fried and well....computer wouldn't be working.

I'm buying a new case though! So hopefully my cooling problems will go away. But yeah I'm wondering how you have 5 fans yet the ASUS P4P800s-X Series only has room for one? Maybe I'm missing something.

And no I do not have that ASUS program that tells me how hot everything is. I think I should get it though. Can you link me to a sit where I can download it? Thanks.

most of the fan power supplies dont need to connect to your mobo, they can connect to the spare conectors from your psu. did you keep the disc that came with your mobo? the asus probe is on that.
woz

You COULD cut a intake port on the top of the case and anouther intake/blower on the side.

lol great ideas guys.

No I do not have the ASUS cd that has the probe on it. Is there a place I can get it from? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom