keep getting coxfastconnect website?

novauniao96

Baseband Member
I went up in my attic and replaced the 2way splitter that the cable guys installed, with a 3way splitter. Then I ran a coaxial cable from the splitter to my basement so I could get internet down there.

When I firt hooked up my modem I got the cox fast connect website where you enter in the account number and street then it reads your modem, after that is was fine I got the regular internet, and was able to go to sites

Then one day I was trying to get on the internet again and it was back to the cox fast connect website, I tried just going to a website but it just keeps directing me to the cox fast connect. Finally I just went through the process of having it read my modem and entering the account, and it worked fine for a couple days, but now it's back.

Is there anyway to stop this from happening, so I don't have to keep entering the account number and setting up the modem?

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply.
It might be because your internet settings, and so your passwords and things are being deleted by your browser automatically every couple of days.

Some external programs can be set to do this too if you have any cleaning hard drive wizards set to run, which would clear the Tempory Internet Folder, and probably Cookies too, which would hold your password info I think to the site.

Go into your Browser and check in Tools, Options, or Prefrences.
Find anywhere where it says to automatically delete history or other files and disable it, or untick it.

If you do have Windows Disk Cleanup to run for example every few days, maybe by setting up a sceduled task in Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Scheduled Tasks, as this could probably be set to load programs and auto remove settings like that at a given time every few days.

Firefox:

If this doesn't work, Try Firefox: (Pasted from a post by me on a thread and slightly modified to suit):

It is better than Internet Explorer in many ways.
Many people are switching, and is becoming popular now.

It is safer, more secure from spyware, and can be faster too. It offers advanced features, and...wait for it...wait for it...it allows you to import all your saved pages and history from Internet Explorer, and offers something called Tabbed Browsing, which makes it so you can open loads of links in the same window :)

Find it here:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

You will never turn back, honestly, and this might fix the deleting problem which is what I hope for :p

Hope this helps...or enlightens you...one of the two :D

The only reason firefox is popular is because it hasn't been tramped on by all the little kiddies out there but with more and more people trying it...well it is only a matter of time. And when it hits there are not going to be any fixes for it simply because there are only a limited number of designers working on it while IE has thousands.
And it is NOT faster...never has been...never will be.
But the real reason for people swithcing to a different browser is because they can't control their own issues of how to properly surf and use the web along with properly maintaining their systems. It is called LAZINESS.
I have been on line for over 10 years and never have had a major issue about using the net. All it takes is a little common sense about what/when/where you are getting something.
If you went out on the street and some bum trie to hand you something for free, you would more than likely pass on it thinking it was stolen or broken or something. Same thing in the web...you don't know these places that you download stuff from so why do you trust them any more than you would a stranger. Absolutely moronic.

Yeah I agree. I just think Firefox is such a good browser though. But I understand what you mean about people aiming for this instead.

I have my computer fully updated and could use internet explorer, but I choose not to because this seems better to me.

Its such a good alternative!...well at the moment like you say

Ok !
Really, I don't care what others use( whatever floats their boat)!
I tried it for about two weeks and uninstalled it because I personnally just did not care for its attributes so much as others did. and after benchmarking through:
http://www.pcpitstop.com (check it out)
It was a lot slower than IE had been.
anyway I ditched it.
Have a GOOD Day!

Okay okay...dont get angry with me. I was only stating that some people like it, including me. There will always be a hlaf that does and a half that doesn't, thats life, and the reason we all like different things.
If you want to have an argument, dont start one with me, as I don't back...

Right this is a message to people that might hack firefox now they know alot of people use it...

No one uses firefox!!! This was all imagery, and everyone uses Internet Explorer....yes....they do you know...nooo onnnee uussseeesss fiireeefoooxxxx.....

That should of got to them , dont you think Lurkswithin?

lol am not gettin at you by the way. I just thought that would be funny....anyhow....*voice trails off*

I am with lurkswithin. I tried it and didn't care for it. In fact I got into a confrtontation with several firefox advocates at computing.net that caused me to leave the forum after many years of helping. If there is a problem with IE6 the solution is not "get firefox" it is to repair IE6.

Kewl.

yeah i know Per, and thats why I placed a help part at the top, before I said "if this doesn't work, try...".

You could always try re-installing Internet Explorer.

and I agree, I have never had problems with IE either, so sorry.
I just think people should try alternatives, thats all.
peoples computers are fully updated from the Windows Update. Internet Explorer shouldn't have any problems what so ever.

That okay now?

Back
Top Bottom