Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Kazaa Lite ++, Limewire and Azureus problems!!! HELP!!!

I used to have a wireless internet connection but now i have a router. Ever since i started using the router my limewire and azureus have screwed up. The problem is that whenever i open it my internet screws up and i cannot search for any downloads and cannot use the internet until i close the program and wait a few minutes for the internet to start working again.

I have recently installed Kazaa lite ++ and it also doesnt work.

I have tried uninstalling the programs and reinstalling them but it doesnt work.

I have also tried turning off my firewall. But it also doesnt work.

What should i do?????

xtremeownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK
Default Re: Kazaa Lite ++, Limewire and Azureus problems!!! HELP!!!

Have you tried opening the ports on your router, most have hardware firewalls, which need to open up the ports so they can receive the information. Do a search on google for your router, and it should tell you how to open up ports.

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

You'll find Kazaa lite won't work.
Kazaa knew it was a hack of the original program (to get rid of spyware), and changed how the real Kazaa searches, so chances are, it'll never work again.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

well if u were using wireless before did u disable the wireless connection and enable the ethernet connection?
Old 05-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

i persume this is the first routor that you have had. when i first had my routor i couldnt get to grips with making it work with emule. i later found out that i had to open up the ports (the port numbers that i had to open was in the help menu in emule, might be the same for limewire etc and i know that azureus needs one port open) that GlasseyeUK suggested. once i opened them it worked fine.

what i also discovered is that when it had been using emule or azureus for along time the bandwidth of the line seemed to be getting hogged by emule or azureus. even after i had closed the programs. when i would open up firefix to go on the internet it would come up with a box saying the connection timeouted. i found that by resetting my routor (just turning it off) that it sorted this problem out
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #6
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Luiz396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
i persume this is the first routor that you have had. when i first had my routor i couldnt get to grips with making it work with emule. i later found out that i had to open up the ports (the port numbers that i had to open was in the help menu in emule, might be the same for limewire etc and i know that azureus needs one port open) that GlasseyeUK suggested. once i opened them it worked fine.

what i also discovered is that when it had been using emule or azureus for along time the bandwidth of the line seemed to be getting hogged by emule or azureus. even after i had closed the programs. when i would open up firefix to go on the internet it would come up with a box saying the connection timeouted. i found that by resetting my routor (just turning it off) that it sorted this problem out
You're saying that everytime you use Emule or Azureus you have to reset your router?

Damn man, I think that sucks... I'm just too lazy to do that.

Soy Dominicano!!
Luiz396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

This website is great for finding out how to open up the ports on your router:

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm

Just select your router, then the program you want to open up, and follow the instructions.
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

it's not about the ports. If it would be then the p2p clients wouldn't be able to connect. But they can connect so the ports are not blocked.

I have the exactly same problem sometimes, though it's only been with bittorrent clients. I just reboot my router and then everything works fine again.
So I suggest u try rebooting the router.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
it's not about the ports. If it would be then the p2p clients wouldn't be able to connect. But they can connect so the ports are not blocked.

I have the exactly same problem sometimes, though it's only been with bittorrent clients. I just reboot my router and then everything works fine again.
So I suggest u try rebooting the router.
Actually, yes they can still connect, it just takes a long time and the searches give you less results.
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #10
In Runtime

Scrap limewire and kazaa and get frostwire. It looks almost identical to limewire but with a lot better features and it runs better. www.frostwire.com

iceshooter16 is offline   Reply With Quote