Kage - 3ds max8

MarxSoccer

BSOD
You definately need to get camtasia and record some tutorials! I just got it, haven't looked into it or at the tutorials yet as it's 3am, but just looking at the interface I'm confuzzled!

I guess I could :)

There are many out there you know though :p

3DS Max 7 won't be so much different than 8, so tutorials are something I could do, but I hate my voice, haha.

Camtasia, a program that'll record apps then?

Nope I have 7, but the difference will be minimal at best.

More native support for Normal maps though in 8...

My uhm, second cd has tons of tutorials, that's what the whole cd is devoted towards. I might take a peak at those tonight

3dsmax8tutscx0.png

Which one of those intros, or what order should I watch them in :(

I never used their tutorials really. I took use of their reference book, but I just learnt from turorials on the web mainly.

Yeah, those folders just have a bunch of jpegs with a few 5 seconds .mov's in them. This is going to take a while to learn :eek:

Trust me. Its took me 4-5 years to get as good as I am now :p

I hope you learn alot faster!

Things that help modelling:

Meshsmooth (took a while for me to find), Chamfer (Smooths meshsmoothed corners if you still want a corner, where meshsmooth would usually curve it), and not forgetting Light Tracer, or Global Illumination.

And polygon modelling, creating holes, in surfaces without using Boolean.

Yeah, if you ever get around to doing a tut, just make say, a PC tower, just not as fancy as the one you just made. Focus on the dimensions mostly, I dunno =[

Back
Top Bottom