k9

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I have k9 web protection installed but when i go on the internet it says k9 web protection is not responding so i tried uninstalling but when it asks for a password it says my password is wrong. So I went on safe mode deleted every thing in the k9 folder, stopped the service and deleted all the registry keys but it still says the same thing

It's never a good idea just to go in and delete files, folders and registry entries instead of using the program's uninstall utility.

Try running CCleaner to see if can clean up the leftovers.

i rn system cleaner in safe mode would that help becuase it does the same thing

still didn't work

"System cleaner"?

It suppose it may be better to run it in safe mode to ensure the k9 app isn't loaded.

Found this:

Before you uninstall K9, make sure you are connected to the Internet. If you are not connected to the Internet, your K9 license will not be released when you uninstall.

After you have verified that you have a working Internet connection, perform the following:

Click Start > Control Panel.
Open Add/Remove Programs.
Locate and highlight “Blue Coat K9 Web Protection”.
Click Change/Remove.
You will receive a confirmation box, prompting you to confirm the uninstallation as shown below; choose “Yes” to continue with the uninstallation process.

You will be prompted to enter the “Password” to continue with the uninstallation. This is the same password used to modify the Blue Coat K9 Web Protection settings.
If you have forgotten the password, click the “Forgot Password” link and click “Yes” when prompted.
A temporary password will be emailed; to the email address used to register the K9 software.
The temporary password will be sent in an email from k9-noreply@bluecoat.com.
Do Not Attempt To Uninstall Without A Password.
By design, K9 will block all Internet access should you attempt to uninstall without using a password.
Attempts to modify K9 at a registry level will have the same effect.

After entering the password, click “Uninstall”.
This will start the uninstallation of the software and when complete, you will be prompted to restart the computer. Click “Finish” and restart the computer to complete the uninstall process.
After the system restarts the K9 software will be completely removed from your computer.

If you're still having problems after this you can contact K9 WebProtection Support...
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/support/...

Back
Top Bottom