Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
Question K-Lite codec pack question

I am using windows vista business (which has no support for DVD movie playback, or for burning home movies made with windows movie maker onto DVD's). So, I downloaded the K-Lite codec pack, but I still can not play DVD movies. Is there something else I need to do? Or, was K-Lite not the right thing I needed?

If I remember correctly, I installed K-Lite codec pack basic.....did I need to do the standard or full version instead?

EDIT: I went back and installed the Full version of K-lite, and can view movies now using WMP classic which wasn't included in the basic version. However, I imported a small movie clip from my camcorder into windows movie maker, and burned it onto a DVD...i can view it on the computer off the dvd, but it won't play in my regular dvd player hooked up to my tv.

Antec 300 Case, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, PNY 4GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5550 1GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 32MB cache, 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: K-Lite codec pack question

It needs to be in MPEG format to play on standalone player
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote