Just wondering

CargoSlug

In Runtime
What is more powerful:
1 6800ultra
or 2 6600gt's in SLI

I would think the 6600's would be I hope I am right.

If you overclock the 6600gt's then they will be just as powerful as a 6800ultra, but if you have the 6800ultra overclocked too the 6600gt's would fall short.

Thats weird......... Like shouldnt 2 6600's be like hella fast? its like 2 vs one. and thier not really that diffrent.? and wont the SLI like combine the speeds of them.... making like a 1000mhz core and a 2000mhzmem? for the gt's?

Hey Dishdog, when did you get that 6600GT? You done any OCing to it yet? Get some scores done on 3dmark03 and 05 and compare it to money_man and I. I like to see where we fall as far as MSI cards go. Yeah...

The 6600GTs can be OCed to 6800 speeds without a problem and keep up with 6800GT. So I would think dual 6600GT SLi would do a pretty good job but not all games or programs support SLi to notice a difference anyways.

I got my 6600gt about 2 weeks ago. I had it o/c to 550/1150, but everything got really screwed up.at least i think it was because of that. i havn't done any if the 3dmark tests yet. where do you download it again?

You can download the benchmark software (3dMark) from this website:

http://www.futuremark.com/download/

Try not to OC the card at large intervals. That way, you can see what speed works for you. OC a little bit and run some games. If it works well, run it up a little higher. Mines running at 560/1120 and runs perfectly. IT's funny because I have a higher core clock than memory compared to yours. Maybe you can try what I have. Good luck. I 'll look forward to seeing your results.

I use to have those scores too. They run the most stable what you have. I was having fun with money_man to see how high we can push it. He obviously have a much higher score. I could push it up further because of my CPU potential but some games started flaking out on me. Older games doesn't seem to be disrupted that much, but the new games like Doom 3 loaded up a little slower than usual but still playable. How hot is your GPU core by the way? Mine is hanging around 53 degrees celsius right now.

It's actually in the display properties. You Right click on desktop and go to Properties. Then click on the Settings Tab and click on the Advance button near the bottom. Then click on the Geforce 6600GT Tab and select Temperature Setting on the left side of the sliding window.

Back
Top Bottom