just wondering

Darcwolf777

Baseband Member
My computer (XP) is low on space so i was getting rid of some old programs in the add/remove programs thing and saw a ton of programs listed that were Windows XP Hotfix- (8 varying numbers and letters). I was wondering what theses are if I can get rid of them and how much space they take up. Any answers would be appreciated thanks!
Darcwolf777

They should be the windows update files, just leave them. If your getting low on space. Maybe consider a new hard drive?

also, try running disk defragmentor to free up space ( do this in safe mode. If you have Norton Anti-virus, turn it off too)

Yeah; they're updates and they don't take up much room at all anyway.

New Hard Drive is the answer if you need more space. Defrag would be a good idea until then though.

if you don't want to buy a new harddrive yet, you could store some of your less used files on CDs or DVDs too.;) if you have a burner that is

yea Im gonna put my music on CD's ive decided, as for the new hard drive how does that work i just by a bigger one? somebody please explain. As for the files would it hurt if i did remove them? Just so I know thanks!

If you have room in your case, you can add a new one, and still have the old one. So realy not much change is required. It seems you dont know much, so take it to a shop and they can fit it in for you :D

Yeah; a new one fitted as secondary would be even better. Saving the transfer time and saving the reinstalling of all of your programs and stuff.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah; a new one fitted as secondary would be even better. Saving the transfer time and saving the reinstalling of all of your programs and stuff.

thats a great idea if you don't want to lose everything, just buy a hard drive...they are inexpensive these days..install it as a secondary on the second connector of the cable that your first hd is on, set the jumper to pri. slave, then format it and your done.

Back
Top Bottom