Just wanting to know how much my rig would be worth.

liambuchanan

Beta member
I have been thinking about selling my fairly new gaming rig, about 5/6 months out and just want to know how much it would be worth.

My specs are...

Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case
ACE 750W PSU 120mm fan
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
ASUSTeK M5A97 LE R2.0 (Socket 9420
AMD FX-6300 6-core running at 3.5GHz
G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDRE 2133 2 x 4GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
WDC WD20 EXRX-00D8PB0 SATA HDD 2TB
Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm fan
Nemisis Kane Pro edition LED Gaming keyboard and mouse

10553620_10203120877476788_230618475273069146_n.jpg

Haven't quite sorted cable management out just yet.

Thank you :)

Thank you, I'm debating on whether to sell my current build and build another one. Still undecided.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Your ram is in the wrong slots. Just an FYI. They should be in the first and third slots not the first and second (from left to right). That will allow your ram to run in dual channel mode, which will increase your computer's performance. Aside from that 650-750 would be a reasonable range to expect in return. I assume that that computer was roughly 800-850 to build? And its not too old so it won't depreciate a huge amount.

I've got an additional 4gb ram on the board using the 3rd slot, just didn't include it into the post ahah, I'm keeping that for a computer I'm building for me mum. I'll work out how much it cost me now and I'll let you know.

Thank you, I'm debating on whether to sell my current build and build another one. Still undecided.

I'm going to be honest here..... Do NOT sell and rebuild. Just upgrade to an FX 9590 and a GTX 960 or 970 and that'll be cheaper than rebuilding basically the same system. IMHO.

I'm going to be honest here..... Do NOT sell and rebuild. Just upgrade to an FX 9590 and a GTX 960 or 970 and that'll be cheaper than rebuilding basically the same system. IMHO.

Agreed, especially if you add a Solid State Drive to the build, (and keep the 2TB drive for storage) you'll notice an absolutely massive difference.

I agree with the others. Don't sell it and build another PC. What I would do, is upgrade the CPU to an AMD FX 8350, upgrade the GPU to a Geforce 960 when it comes out, get a higher quality PSU, such as a EVGA G2 750W, and lastly toss in a 240GB SSD in there and use it for the OS, programs, and games.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to clean up the cables really nice whether or not you get a new PSU or not.

Most important of all is that PSU needs replacing NOW before your investment goes up in smoke (literally).

It is a tier 5 PSU which is the bottom of the list and all those needs to be dumped as quick as possible.

By the way, the EVGA G2 750 is made by Super Flower, an excellent maker. Make sure it's a G2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom