Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default Just tried to SLI for the first time and didnt go as planned...

Let me start of with I've been building computers for quite a while now but what happened when i tried to SLI my 2nd gtx460 i have never seen before. I got the 2nd card today and was pretty excited to SLI them so i popped it in and turned the comp on. First thing that happened was my bios decided to reset itself (there goes my overclock). So i went into it to take a look, first thing i noticed was my bclk was somehow able to go to 500 so i turned that down but the lowest i could set my ram was about 2.8GHz.
Next i did what any guy with an expensive comp would do: I freaked out. I thought i had somehow damaged my motherboard or something which didn't make any sense to me. So i turned it off and pulled the card back out. The bios went back to normal but my OC was still gone so had to redo that then i came here. Has anyone ever heard of a bios doing this when trying to SLI? I don't really want to try again at the moment until i figure this out but is there something obvious i did wrong?
ASUS P6X58D premium | i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz | Corsair XMS3 6GB | MSI GTX460 HAWK | OCZ vertex 2 SSD | Coolermaster HAF X case
gaming_freak is offline   Reply With Quote