Just some new news....

Raise your ram speeds, and you speed up your processor. Rated up to 300mhz (DDR 600), Geil's One ram provides one hell of an overclocking headroom. Even for low end Athlon64 CPUs with very small multipliers.

The thing that gets me is that what if you overclock your system to like you say, DDR600 with Geil ONE RAM, but your motherboard only supports DDR400. Does this not bottleneck your system? Do you need a different cooling solution other than air to get some effective overclocking?

the deceived said:
The thing that gets me is that what if you overclock your system to like you say, DDR600 with Geil ONE RAM, but your motherboard only supports DDR400. Does this not bottleneck your system? Do you need a different cooling solution other than air to get some effective overclocking?

At DEFAULTS, the motherboard only supports DDR400. However, when you raise the FSB, that DIRECTLY affects the RAM. So therefore, you are raising the FSB to 300MHz, meaning the RAM is DDR (Double Data RAte) so it runs at 300X2=600MHz which = DDR600. OCing doesn't bottleneck things, it clears up bottlenecks in many cases. I hope that clears things up for you somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom