Just reseated HSF on my HD 4850.

worshipme

Golden Master
I finally took the time to reseat the stock HSF as I'm thinking about vmodding it and the temps were a little high. The stock paste was a bit like AS5 (texture wise, obviously not performance wise) very thick and a PITA to remove. I used some MX-2 and reseated the cooler after cleaning out all the dust etc.

Dropped 15c :)

Either the paste was awful, or it was applied badly. Most people who have reseated the coolers had the same results.

So I'm pretty happy right now :D

EDIT: Tested with fan @ 50% before and after.

Interesting. Maybe I should do the same for my 8800GTS after my final examinations are over.

Worshipme, what program do you use to monitor the video card temp? It's been a while since I've been adamantly following such things on my rig. I think I used to use Everest if i'm not mistaken...

Chris

Worshipme, what program do you use to monitor the video card temp? It's been a while since I've been adamantly following such things on my rig. I think I used to use Everest if i'm not mistaken...
I use HWmonitor as it recorded the max temps so I don't have to quickly ALT-Tab out of games and I can just check at the end.

I should end up doing that myself. And getting some arctic silver paste cause i am sure the stock stuff is pretty crappy. Now...only if i had the urge/time to do it haha :p

Back
Top Bottom