Just reinstalled windows, need help

nosignal1

Baseband Member
Okay, i just reinstalled windows on my computer because i had quite a bit of problems with it being slow and buggy, its been great so far, but i need some help as to the essentials that i need to install on my computer now. My first example being, I can't get any sound out of my speakers. My guess is i need some sort of audio driver. Stuff like that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Eric

Install media player.
Be careful, if you click the wrong thing, you won't have any sound.

Well, you'll need to install the motherboard chipset drivers. They will likely contain the drivers needed for many of your devices such as sound, LAN and graphics if integrated. You can find them on the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Okay, i just reinstalled windows on my computer because i had quite a bit of problems with it being slow and buggy, its been great so far, but i need some help as to the essentials that i need to install on my computer now. My first example being, I can't get any sound out of my speakers. My guess is i need some sort of audio driver. Stuff like that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Eric

If you right-click on "My Computer" (or "Computer" in Vista) in your Start Menu and select "Manage", then "Device Manager" in the side-bar, it will tell you what drivers are missing.

Could you also let us know what kind of motherboard you have? Or if it's a pre-built system, the manufacturer and model-name for the computer? :)

i have a compaq presario s5000cl, I downloaded a couple drivers from the compaq site. I got the audio working but theres quite a few that said i need to install them through the device manager and a couple that said my system needed to be updated to install them.

I dont see where it tells you what drivers are missing in the device manager window.

also, the computer is projecting a bigger screen image than what my monitor can hold, but i think thats a driver issue too. I've tried stretching the screen and no matter what its always too big so its something with the computer.

i have a compaq presario s5000cl, I downloaded a couple drivers from the compaq site. I got the audio working but theres quite a few that said i need to install them through the device manager and a couple that said my system needed to be updated to install them.

I dont see where it tells you what drivers are missing in the device manager window.

also, the computer is projecting a bigger screen image than what my monitor can hold, but i think thats a driver issue too. I've tried stretching the screen and no matter what its always too big so its something with the computer.

If the drivers were missing there would be a red X right next to the driver in device manager. You don't need to install it with device manager, just install the download you have and that's it.
If the computer is projecting too big of a screen try to go to your desktop right clicking and click properties and go to settings and there you will see "Resolution"
Try to mess with those settings until you find a setting that fits and you like.

i'll give it a try, but its on 1024x768 already, and thats what i had it on before i reinstalled and it was fine.

i'll give it a try, but its on 1024x768 already, and thats what i had it on before i reinstalled and it was fine.

Do you have a video card or just onboard?
If a video card make sure to install their drivers that will fix your too big screen problem.

Back
Top Bottom