Just a quick ? about putting comp together

civicrocker7

Baseband Member
When assembling the computer is it nessasary to have one of those wrist straps that difuse static electricity

Thanks

PW

not necessary,,,but recommended....they are cheap,,,might as well...if not going to use one, just make sure to ground yourself first by touching some metal part of the case....

yeah they are very cheap so i would reccomend one just incase u been rubbing against sum cloth or sumin :D u can do it like after u ground urself by touching metal if u get charged again so it is advised XD

Yeah, the easiest way is to just have a part of your body constantly touching the metal part of the case and you're fine.

make sure you aren't wearing any shoes at the time of grounding your self as well, I remember my boss had an anti static wrist strap on... It was connected etc, But he had ubber soled shoes on. So he wasn't earthed properly, He fried the 7800 GTX and the 1GB kingston ram stick...... Bad karma i say :D

Good luck ^.^

Usually what I do is that I ground myself, meaning that I put my two hands on the table and wait...then I assemble the PC carefully...not to scratch anything

I just put the pc together and don't worry about that kind of stuff. I have built atleast 5 computers in my life, never even thought about this stuff and not once have I broken anything.

i just always touch a metal part of my case before touching anything inside it, if i had a job meaning i'd have money i'd buy a antistatic strap rofl. i'm always spending my money on other things and really need 2 start getting some for X-mas presents lol...

Yeah definitely not neccessary, static is not a huge problem as long as you're constanly touching metal (like the case) and just dont build your computer on carpet or wear wool sweaters or something that will obviously generate static.

Back
Top Bottom