Just ordered...

freestyler105

Golden Master
A new Asus Eee PC 8G. Link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220264

Specs:
1 GB RAM, 600 MHz Intel Processor, 8GB SSD, 802.11b/g, 0.3 Megapixel Webcam

I was originally going to get the 4G model, but I figured I'd definitely want the extra 4 gigs of storage. The processor is going to be the bottleneck, but for what it's used for it's fine. I'm debating over whether I should upgrade the RAM to 2GB, but it probably won't be worth it.

*Setting up a fully nLited XP install for it now*
I read a fully nLited version of XP takes up less than 600 MB, that's perfect.

Nice, i didnt know they had an 8gb/1gb model now.

If the proc was faster maybe like 1ghz i'd buy one.

jeez, u could max out crysis on that beast :D

nice one, they look to be pretty fun

edit: damn, look how small that atom is....uo to 1.8ghz !!!!1

before you strip Linux off of it, would you be able to find out what form of linux is on it for me?

Oh, and you do have an external CD drive for the OS install, right?

Haha yeah...no gaming, but that's not the point. Flash games are the most fun anyway though :p I'm going on a cruise in a couple weeks, and it'll be really nice to keep in touch with my girlfriend.

I really wanted to wait and get the new version coming out soon with the bigger screen, but it won't be out before I leave for the cruise.

EDIT: Yeah I ordered a SATA/IDE to USB adapter for the XP install. And it uses Xandros Linux:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xandros

Not worth the money to me. I like to do more with my computers, so I can't sacrifice power for portability. Laptops are pretty portable anyway, even a 6lb one like my HP. SSDs aren't big enough to be worth the money to me either... I guess if you travel a lot and can stand to look at a small screen like that...it is worth it... 12 inch is as small as I'd get, was going for a 12 inch iBook, but found a good deal on a 14 inch, so I got that. Even 14 inch to me isn't bad at all in weight.

Back
Top Bottom