Just a note for Acer Aspire One users

GreenAce92

Solid State Member
Ok so I don't know if this is a well known fact, I certainly didn't know and I hope its not a bad thing that I'm posting this. So reccently a virus I'm guessing corrupted my Win32/system/registry file something like that, anyhow I could not boot at all what so ever. So I called up Acer and the laptop I have does not have a built in CD drive. So the lady asked if I didn't care if i lost all my data, and I'm like I guess not. So what happens is, it's bascially like a reformating but you do not lose your OS.

Steps:
Turn computer on, right away hold down alt and repeatedly press F10
note:this takes a long time like 1-2mins or more to do this, finally you should see a screen that will say please wait, then It'll end up to a screen that gives you 2 options, recover(everythin gets erased) and recover(saves data on c:backup these aren't the exact words but this is the jist.

This to me is ingenious! and they said you can do it as many times as you want. Its such a great feature again if this is not new sorry for the inconvenience.

So do the Eee PCs. I've used the one on my 1000HE once. It is indeed a great feature.

Back
Top Bottom