just instaaled nw hard drive

mstami1

Beta member
I just installed a maxtor hard drive into my compaq persario 7500 computer...My hard drive went bad wouldnt boot received a screen that said ..replace hard drve immediately failure is imminent ... so I bought oone...I plug it in follow all instructions making sure jumper is in master position...

it doesnt boot at first it would just come on(yellow light in front) fan would spin then cut off ..screen never lit up...Then I made sure all of the cables and parts were seated right...

now it just beeps continuosly until I press and hold the power button in...

Hmm, the only thing I could think of, and I might be completly and utterly wrong about this:

Where you've connected the IDE cable to the motherboard, try taking that out and fitting it in the other way, so simply turn it around and try again.

I might be completly wrong, and it might not even go in the other way but its worth a try.

If its not something like that, then your computer seems to have died while you were getting a new hard drive...

Or, you can try with your older HDD and see. If it still beeps like that, look at your memory, as it may not have been detected. Just push on it a little hard

If it works with your older HDD, try reformating. These errors may not always be ture. I once got a 120GB Maxtor HDD that wouldn't work at all, it's as if the HDD was corrupted. What I did is I booted from Maxtor's HDD test and check. I fully formated the HDD and now, it works as if nothing would have happened. This could be a virus that give this message

Back
Top Bottom