Just built desktop PC won't turn on! Help please..

crgrjj

Baseband Member
I finished building my first desktop PC and when I tried turning it on to install windows in it, it wouldn't start.
I'm suspicious that I'm leaving some wires deattached behind but I couldn't find a plug for them.
They are a bunch of colored single little wires. They come from a "ac'97" plug that is already on the motherboard.

You guy know where they go, or if it has anything to do with it not turning on?

Thanks a lot!

are you plugging your power sw, reset sw, hdd lines in correctly into their respective places on the motherboard? If you're positive they're in the right places ... could the wires be in backwards? i.e. green/white instead of white/green
When attempting to power on ... looking at the motherboard ... is your CPU fan turning on? LED's coming on?

I'd take everything out and just have the motherboard in with the cpu and a stick of memory ... not even a video card. Just see if you get the cpu fan powered on and some LED lights. If you do ... then add the video card and watch for a BIOS post. Then continue adding until you're loading your O.S.

ac'97? That sound card related?

Id be thinking along the lines of whats posted above, have you got your power button leads from the case etc connected to the mobo? Also double check your PSU cables.

IN the manual, you will have detailed instructions on how to install them. It's easy.

I followed the manual promptly. I will check all cables again but I'm pretty sure everything is right. How do I know if the PSU is bad It is brand new!! Thanks guys

what are the specs of the other components ,is the psu voltage selector on the right voltage , does the power cable work

Back
Top Bottom