Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #31
Golden Master

Default Re: Just bought a new gaming rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I had to do that on my friend's 'rig' to play UT3. It actually looks exactly like quake I with the settings reduced to minimum. Still wasn't playable though. 20FPS. The 7100 is a terrible card...

As far as shattered horizons, idk someone told me it was about the same as crysis, and screenshots looked pretty good.

my rig playing shattered horizons
its not as demanding as its made out to be i dont think, an thats after the deduction in FPS that Fraps adds to

Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #32
Baseband Member

So i picked up crysis maximum edition. It came with crysis, crysis: warhead, and crysis: wars.
What version do most people play? and what is the newest?

also, just tried running crysis, i set it to high settings and im getting around a steady 60FPS for the most part, but sometimes when something loads in the game, it slows down for a little bit. and when i set it to extra high settings, it has really bad fps.
Figured my computer should be able to run this, no? id be happy with the high setting, but id like it if it could run it smoothly consistently.

kevinbreault39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #33
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbreault39 View Post
So i picked up crysis maximum edition. It came with crysis, crysis: warhead, and crysis: wars.
What version do most people play? and what is the newest?

also, just tried running crysis, i set it to high settings and im getting around a steady 60FPS for the most part, but sometimes when something loads in the game, it slows down for a little bit. and when i set it to extra high settings, it has really bad fps.
Figured my computer should be able to run this, no? id be happy with the high setting, but id like it if it could run it smoothly consistently.
Most people play the Crysis multiplayer, don't know too many people who play wars tbh. Wars is Warheads multiplayer, and they are the newest. Crysis 2 should be coming out soon too.

The loading lag is most likely a harddrive access thing. Defragment and clean the drive, or get a faster drive if you want to get rid of it. That's assuming it's the drive causing the problem.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #34
Baseband Member

hm, i sure hope it is the drive. Is there a way i could take a video of it for you?
I have fraps, but im wondering if that type of video will show that kind of thing.
I was thinking that maybe crysis cant use SLI mode? so i turned SLI off, and i actually got no performance difference. It did not get better, nor worse.
And especially, when i go into multiplayer, it does this "load" thing alot more. Unplayable unless i put it to medium settings.

kevinbreault39 is offline   Reply With Quote