Just bought a new gaming rig.

kevinbreault39

Baseband Member
Not too sure if its going to be good enough? Is there something i should have upgraded? I will be playing world of warcraft, diablo 3, and counterstrike source on it. Thank you.
It is a alienware aurora PC. Here are the specs:
Spex.jpg

Holy smokes! That is more than good enough to play the games you listed. It will rip through them like a hot knife through butter. Nice rig. :D

thank you :) cant wait to get it. Estimated delivery is the 20th of april :(
Does anyone have an alienware computer and would like to share their experience?

A friend of mine just got an M17x, and he loved it for about 2 weeks. The HDD failed about 2 weeks after he got it. Not a problem called Alienware and they are shipping him a new drive and we are going to reinstall it.

Kind of sad that happened, but it is not the laptop, it is the HDD. Overall the laptop has exceptional quality :D hope will enjoy it.

Note: I will never buy "Seagate" HDD's nor will I recommend them.

Honestly your computer will become obsolete before you ever use all of the 9GB of RAM... I bet they charged a ton for all that extra RAM too. :rolleyes: I'd rather build my own. Nice rig, but it would probably cost a whole lot less with the same specs if you built it yourself.

Are you rubbing this in? If you ever bought a computer like that and didn't know if it was good or not something is wrong. Aka yeah its sick.

Actually, i only upgraded the RAM because it came stock with 3GB i believe, and it was only an extra 100$ to upgrade, so i did. I know the ram will never be used, but i like to feel comfortable that that part of my computer wont be suffering.
Also, thats pretty cool that they would just send you a new harddrive, at least you dont need to send the whole PC in. And the whole reason i am getting a new PC is because the computer im using right now actually just crapped out on me. The harddrive is failing, and while i was typing this message, my laptop has actually crashed on me once already lol. So i dont really trust laptops anymore, i think the harddrive is just to vulnerable to damage.
I am kind of rubbing it in, i feel pretty proud of it, it will be the best computer i have ever owned. But i was also wondering how it paired up, because potentially, you can build a way better one.

That thing would be about the same performance as my rig.

You better play more than CSS, diablo 3 and WoW on it if you bought GTX 260 SLI. None of those games can even fully utilize a single GTX 260.

I recommend Mass Effect 2, STALKER, crysis, and such if you want to tax it and have good games.

Kind of funny how you are telling me what games i should be playing. lol
Yeah i might pick up some of the higher end games to test it out, but for the most part, i like the games i play haha.

Kind of funny how you are telling me what games i should be playing. lol
Yeah i might pick up some of the higher end games to test it out, but for the most part, i like the games i play haha.

yeah, I pretty much said the same. I still play css, but I got hooked on gtaiv and crysis, not to mention bfbc2 :p

Back
Top Bottom