Just bought my new rig. What do you think?

I actually paid $1995 for it, I got 5% off. I was planning on building it myself, but when I priced it out on Newegg it came to a lot more.

thanks for looking it over guys!

someone also needs to help me overclock the q9550. i've never overclocked before.

Really? hmm, maybe i should check what it costs at newegg later. I think i was doing some research on it since theres ads in my magazines, and i calculated the price, and they either get no money at all or only get about $50 (pricing from newegg) but then i just remembered that they might get their items at true whole sale price.

I dont know if Cyber Power will let you Overclock your computer, but...
To overclock you will need to go into your BIOS, and i dont know if you have to update, sometimes the newer BIOS is better.
1. When you are in the BIOS there should be an option that says something like "Advanced Chipset ....",
2. Then you pretty much up the FSB to certain amount, i dont know whats the recommended, but i make mines go up by .5GHz each time till i get to the one i want.
3. If it works and system boots up, and if it does, then restart your computer and boot into BIOS again.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 till your computer suddenly shuts down or restarts. I would recommend download Realtemps, and Prime 95, Realtemps to monitor your temps, and Prime 95 to stress your CPU to see how hot it gets.
5. If your system was unstable then clear the CMOS, which is to take the quarter sized battery out for about 10 minutes, then put it back, and go back into the Bios and go back to the previous setting before the instability.
6. If you still want to go higher, then you will have to Up the voltages, i dont know whats the safe voltage for you, but if you give too much then it will damage your CPU or motherboard.
7. If you dont want to go higher, open up real temps, and prime 95, run them both, and do the prime 95 test for at least 5 hours to see if its actually stable, while at the same time, watch your temps.
8. If you want to have an 1:1 ratio with the FSB and the RAM speed, then you will have to mess with the multiplier, and up the FSB to the desired clocks, and i would suggest doing 2 and 3 when you lower the mulitplier.

If your voltages are on auto, i would recommend setting it to the volts that its currently using (should say in the bios) if you plan to achieve the 1:1 ratio.

I know my guide is not the best, and might be confusing. This is how i do it, im not one of those that wants to OC my computer to the fullest extent.

The best way to learn is either have someone there that knows how teach you how to do it, or have some IM and have a separate computer so he can tell you step by step.

no, your guide is perfect! it really made me understand the process in an easy way. +1 for you! I'm sure i'll contact you once I try to do it

really? i kind of feel like its missing something.
Just make sure you dont do anything too extreme to where your computer wont work anymore.

yeah, that's what i want to try and avoid. hopefully you can walk me through it safely

Its a really nice pc and you can go to tigerdirect.com and save yourself some money. You would have to put it together though.

Anyway you took down some alienwares in performance and price. good job!

yeah, that's what i want to try and avoid. hopefully you can walk me through it safely

would do it through IM, but i recently reformatted my computer, so i dont have those IM programs anymore, and will need to download them.
Kind of dont want to be taken responsible if something goes wrong either...
If you have any questions, just post here, i pretty much am refreshing this forum in 5 minutes, sometimes longer if i am doing something.

Back
Top Bottom