Just bought a kickarse system and can't get it together

JTekNet

Beta member
Ok I just signed up for this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a friend who is actually A+ certified and works for the WV school system but he is too busy to help me get my christmas present together. I just received all the parts last Friday and it's just sitting in boxes at the kitchen table.

Anyway! I will cut to the chase. I got some gold metal screws that have room for another screw to be screwed in to them and I was wondering if they go under the mother board to hold it up from touching the case.

My other question is how in the heck do I get my front pannel plugged in to the MB properly? I don't understand the instructions in the manual. They are really really odd.

Thanks, hopefully I can get a reply soon and get back to them.

NO! I wouldn't put them under the motherboard because they'd probably be just as conductive as if you screwed the mobo right TO the case... In other words...ZAP, no more comp ;P

That's what they make standoffs for...whatever they are made of, they arn't that conductive and all.

As for your front pannel, I can't help as they are all different. Trial and error can't hurt. If you have a pretty good idea where something goes, try it different ways. Sometimes you can get lights backwords and they won't work.

The mobo panel on the back? Usually when you get a case, it comes with a default one. and it usually never fits your mobo. Your mobo should come with one. Just use a softheaded mallet and pop the default one out, then pound (carefully) the one that came with your mobo into where you poped the old one out of.

You will want to screw those gold screwy things to you motherboard tray, sit your motherboard on top of it and then use the silver screws to secure it down

Also, the LED connectors on the MOBO usually go on the 2nd-5th LED array area (long series of male pins near fron bottom of MOBO. See pic below for details on how to connect it.

moboedit4lx.gif

Back
Top Bottom