Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Just Assemble Computer....Problems

okay just checking that out, if this doesn't work, post or pm me a way to contact you a more direct way (ie: yahoo!, msn, aim, or icq) and i think ill be able to help you quicker.

How far is the installation getting into? I just experinced something today that sounds similar (computer would start to boot then freeze), and this was because my harddrive wasn't attached properly (the one I had my operating system on.)

What I think is happening to you is your comptuer may turn on, but that does not nesecarily mean all of your hardware is correctly connected. Since you don't already have an operating system installed, it will boot up from the disc, and start the installation process, then realize the harddrive its installing the operating system isn't connected, and just freezes up. Sounds a little unusual, but it can't hurt to simply check the connection to your harddrive. (Even if its connected, disconnect it and reconnect it to see if it helps).

And if that doesn't work, I would recomend pulling all of the power cords out to all the hardware, then putting them back in. Also, is your power supply sufficent enough for your computer? If none of those things seems to be it post a way for me to more directly contact u.

Karma/rep is always appreciated
01010010011001010110010001100010011001010110000101 11001001100100

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #12
Baseband Member
Default Re: Just Assemble Computer....Problems

aim @ cowtipp3r213

its a skyhawk/eagle dual12v 520watt psu.

pffft? is offline   Reply With Quote