Jumpdrive won't work!

Okay I have had this jumpdrive for a while, it has always worked.....well I plugged it into my computer and then nothing popped up..and then I saw this little thing down in the taskbar so I clicked on it and it says "Safely remove hardware" but i do not wanna remove it....I want to get my homework off of it. So I tried a few difforent ports, none work. Also for some reason now in "My Computer" it shows a floppy frive in there but I do not have a floppy drive, it shows it if my jumpdrive is in there or not. So I restarted my computer to see if that would help...but no, and it still shows the floppy drive....

So windows knows that the jumpdrive in connected but for some reason it will not let me access it...and this JUST started to happen...

Any Idea's??

It worked before on that PC, but now doesn't. Strange. Have you installed any software on your PC recently? or perhaps any pirated stuff? Do a System Restore when your thumbdrive was working.

TRDCorolla said:
It worked before on that PC, but now doesn't. Strange. Have you installed any software on your PC recently? or perhaps any pirated stuff? Do a System Restore when your thumbdrive was working.

I did do a windows repair thing...but I do not see how that would screw up somthing like that. I have one pirated game. But i have used it sence I have downloaded the game so I do not think that that is it either.

I have that same thing. I think what you did is used like the security/lock feature on it. You know how it cam with those like two demos and then a 1meg thing that locks the jump drive? Im sure you probably accidently enabled that

Back
Top Bottom