jade empire ruins xbox!

j Rizzo

In Runtime
i have had 2 of my friends 1st generation xboxes stop working while playing jade empire. i have a suspicion that this new game is asking too much of 1st gen xbox's and causing them to malfunction. does anybody have any info or a similar experience? i am taking apart one of the affected xbox's tomorrow to see if i can find out what happened, will post then.

well, i dunno whats wrong, but i would like to see an xbox, that has duel ati readon x900 vid cards, and 1gb crossair ram, with deul amd 64 athlon fx 3500+, now that would cost alot, but i would love to see the graphics of it

arrizx said:
well, i dunno whats wrong, but i would like to see an xbox, that has duel ati readon x900 vid cards, and 1gb crossair ram, with deul amd 64 athlon fx 3500+, now that would cost alot, but i would love to see the graphics of it

Well the Xbox 360 already has a ATI manufactured graphics chip that runs at 500mhz and has 48 pixel shader pipelines (which is more than any PC card out). Not to mention the 3 IBM PowerPC processors that run at 3.2ghz each.

so why don't you make a computer with those things, you know an xbox is just a computer with the xbox operating system right? theres pretty much no difference between your xbox and computer, exept everything is probably integrated, i don't know though, i'm about to find out :)

Well i think that the game may be pushing the xbox too far and the xbox is breaking due to everheating or something.

Hehe, opening it up?!
I'm sure there are sites that have open X-Boxes to look at. I think i've seen one before where they opened it to check how it ran and how well set up it was inside.

I also doubt a game could mess up the system entirely unless it somehow modifies the hard drive in some way with the saved file that is corrupted or something. Otherwise it'd just reboot and be fine i'd presume.
If the game was actually too much for it, it'd just crash. It wouldn't cause harm in that sense.

theres already no warranty on it might as well! besides , i want to see what the inside of an xbox looks like.

As long as you can put it back together, I'm not going to say anything :D

I'd expect it to be a load of chips though and things...Wouldn't expect it to have plasma memory and things when you open it... :p

Well you can't really take and Xbox apart to use the chips because they're integrated into the PCB.

Back
Top Bottom