Issues/Spinrite Question

malakian88

Baseband Member
So... time to add on to the already large list of problems I've had with my computer since I bought it lol.

Recently I've been getting blue screens pretty often during various types of applications. Games, listening to music, almost everything. For example, today, I tried running Far Cry and it crashed after it finished loading. First time and only time it did this in Far Cry (the game works now :confused: ). The blue screens seems to be very random on when and what application is locks up or crashes on.

My friend told me about Spinrite (suggesting that it could be a hard drive issue), which he gave to me to use. I ran it today, and i belive the number of errors it found was around 780,000 :eek: . (I only analyzed the drive due to how long it could take to fix it) Since I know nothing about Spinrite really.... is that a seriously bad amount of errors to be found? I have a 120 gig Maxtor DiamondMax HD.

Also, if you have used Spinrite... what operation in the program should I run when I attempt to fix these errors?

If I do cross of my hard drive as not the problem, I'll be testing my ram and checking out some of the beta drivers I'm using also. Any other suggestions for possible problems?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom