Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Issue with speed of a processor

I have had this pentium 4 computer for awhile now and when i look at it in my computer it says its a 2.4ghz processor but right underneath it says its running at 1.8. Is there any way to fix this? If so how? any help appreciated

orkdaorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Issue with speed of a processor

Alot of newer computers come with power saving features such as ones that temporarily reduce your speed when you're CPU load is not at 100%.

But, before we go further can you please download a utility called CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and post a screenshot of the CPU tab.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Alot of newer computers come with power saving features such as ones that temporarily reduce your speed when you're CPU load is not at 100%.

But, before we go further can you please download a utility called CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and post a screenshot of the CPU tab.
yeah. AMD cool n quiet tech lowers cpu speed in order to keep temps cool when you don't need the processing power. i haven't really looked into intels innovations in this area, but it might be something similar to that.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to r_moore04

yeh intels one is EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® technology) iv got it on mine, i thought i had a prob at first coz its a p4 3GHz but runs at 2.8GHz, its a gd idea coz it saves power and keeps it cool.