Issue with new GPU

CGfreak102

In Runtime
So I ordered a XFX HD 6850 on monday got it yesterday, tried installing it in my computer and I get this error when I try and boot the computer

2mz66s.jpg

What I have tried
*Put old card back in, worked just fine.
*Installed new GPU into a different setup, booted up into Windows 7 just fine.
*When i tried to do a system repair like it says it said it fixed something but the error just came back up after restart
*After all that i tried to reinstall windows 7, but when i do that the installer is telling me my 'c' drive is not setup as bootable. Not sure how that is possible since when i put my old GPU in it boots just fine.

What im going to try
*When i get home im going to see if HDD is failing
*Update BIOS on MOBO

System Specs
Proc: core i7 920
RAM: 6GB G. skill PC3 10666
MOBO: Intel DX58SO R. 1
PSU: Coolermaster 850W
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6850 (new), EVGA GTX 260 (old)
HDD: Segate 500gb (boot), Segate 1TB, 320GB, 250GB (storage)

So anyone else have some thoughts on this issue?

did you delete the old card from device manager?

I had something like this happen before. so before I removed the old card I went into
Device Manager and deleted the card and the drivers. shut down then did the swap.
plus your going from an Nvidia to ATI. there could be a conflict with the leftover software, I know, probably not. But...

Yeah a friend had that suggestion also, i tried that but after shut down and installing the new card it did the same thing. when i boot into the windows CD with the ATI card in the system it can install the OS and then it gives me the same error again after the fresh install. But idk about how the fresh install went since i passed out before it finished. But that is where i get lost since in the Windows install i select my drive and it tells me that its not bootable and to check my BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom