I would say in this case you can skip step 1.
Routine System Optimization (by LambofGod)
1. All Driver updates (examples www.ati.com
2. Windows Updates ( www.windowsupdate.com
3. Full anitvirus scans with a program such as
4. Full spyware scans w/ 2 diff spyware programs such as
5. Msconfig the startup (go to start, run, type *msconfig* go to the startup tab)
Now disable all the services that you do not NEED to have running. For example Adobe speed launch ect…..
You can also go to the tab services, then check the box *hide all Microsoft services*
And disable service there that you do not need
(this will not get rid of the programs, just stop them from starting up)
6. Disk cleanup
Go to Start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup.
Select the drive you want to clean.
After it scans the drive select all the boxes you want to clean files out of.
(usually all of them)
7. Check disk
Go to start, run, type “cmd”, make sure you are on your root drive (usually C:\), type “chkdsk /f”, type “Y” .
Then restart your system
*if you are not on your root drive type “cd C:\ “ assuming C:\ = your root drive*
8. disk defragmenter
Go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk defragmentor.
Select the drive you want to defrag and press “defrag”
(this may take a while)