Issue with first build(friend)

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
This is his first build and at first he would start it up and it would give him a blue screen error that said

STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xF853C0BF, 0xF894C208, 0xF894BF08)
pci.sys - Address F8534C0BF base at F8535000, DateStamp 3b7855c

I was researching things for him and i ran across some people who were having the same problem. They were trying to install windows SP1 on their system, and according to someone they said it was an issue with newer mobos. So i had him take out the HDD and install SP2 on it, since the only windows cd he has is an old xp one with sp1. The error message went away but now the problem is, when he starts it up, it will take you t o the menu that says start normally, last known good config, safe mode, etc...and one which ever setting he selects it will automatically restart the computer and continue doing so.

What could be the issue?

Friends comp spec

AMD 5000+
8400GS
XFX 8200 mobo
WD 150gb ide
Patriot ddr 2 6400

With the stand alone installer version of SP2 downloaded to the drive itself you would now attempt a full reiinstall of Windows where once the desktop was reached and the Installer 3.1 plus WGA was gone through at the update site you would then see SP2 installed by double clicking on the saved executable file.

With that stored locally on the drive you would simply see that go on once all of the verification processes mentioned above was gone through following the repair install. The stand alone is a 266mb self executable archived version of the service pack you can download at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-XP-SP2-RTM.shtml

A repair install most likely wouldn't work while the immediate install of SP2 once through the verification processes at MS could see a normal boot. The other option would be dumping the old SP1 copy for a totally new disk seeing SP3 now available solving everything in one shot. There wouldn't be any need to install the last service pack later.

Back
Top Bottom