Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default IRSTe and SSD in RAID 0

Hey guys, been a while... Just finalized my latest build and had one loose end that I can't seem to find any information about and wondered if anyone here had tried this.

I have a Sandy Bridge-E system with the X79 chipset (Sabertooth). Running two Crucial M4 128 GB SSD's in RAID 0. I knew going into this that TRIM support would be touch-and-go depending on the status of the latest IRST drivers... What I didn't realize is that the X79 chipset actually uses the Intel C600 chip for its software RAID. Which means I actually have to use the IRSTe (enterprise) software and drivers instead.

With regular IRST, there is a beta version that supports TRIM with SSD's in RAID 0, but I can't find any information about the support of TRIM in RAID 0 with IRSTe. Anyone out there have a similar setup that has looked into this? I'm not really too concerned about it, but I have noticed my sequential speeds (I know, not really that important in day to day use, but bragging rights... ) have dropped from around 1020 MB/s (right after Windows 7 install) to 770 MB/s (after getting all of my applications installed and using the computer for several weeks). I wonder if this has to do with the lack of TRIM support or is it just them slowing down as more data gets loaded on the drive (only have ~50GB on 226 GB total).

Any insight? Thanks.

Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: IRSTe and SSD in RAID 0

No one has any ideas on this?
Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote