IRQ Routing/Sound Distortion

team sleep1

Beta member
Information:

Motherboard - VIA P4VXASD onboard AC'97 sound disabled *drivers up-to-date*

Soundcard - Ensoniq AudioPCI (ES1370) *drivers up-to-date*

I need a little help understanding this. After reading a bit about IRQ, I noticed that devices sharing the same IRQ routes can cause conflicts. This brings me to my problem, my sound card Ensoniq AudioPCI by Creative Labs has been crackling, popping and making weird sounds. Now I tried updating the drivers, but obviously Creative doesn't have any working drivers for it. Which brings me to the IRQ Routing, I checked my video card (ATI) and my sound card and they both share IRQ Route 11. What I want to know is how can I possibly CHANGE routes of either the video or sound card therefore making the crackling disappear.

Any specifics? I'm not sure what exactly, I've been there before, but what am I trying to manually change?

you are trying to change the priority of each pci slot. all bios are different. if you have your manual handy look for irq settings and pci config.

Yeah. I've been to the Manual on their site, I have their .pdf, much easier to deal with than a manual book.

If you want, can you look over it and possibly direct me? http://12.106.78.103/FAQDownload/p4vxasd%20manual.zip I saw nothing about IRQ really, there was MIDI IRQ 11, 10, and 5. I messed with those and it didn't solve my sound issue.

Not sure what the problem is, of course my Sound Card could be broken and just has a distortion problem, but that doesn't make sense for it to WORK, but just distort and crackle. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom