IP Renew

Starr

Daemon Poster
Whats the DOS command to renew your IP. I always forget theis stuff.

I am getting a wierd bit torrent error involving my Port but it just started happening. I am downloading the Knoppix DVD. I don't think it is my firewall. I was going to try and renew my IP if that helps.

I dont know it either, but google would be helpful in this case... search for Ip Renew DOS Command, or a little more simple.

Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar. Click Run on this menu. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type cmd in the text box that appears. A command prompt window appears on the screen. Type ipconfig to view the status of the computer's IP address. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type ipconfig /release to let go of the address. Type ipconfig /renew to obtain a new IP address.

If you're like me moving from network to network, you can use the same strategy above. To bring a computer back onto the network after moving it to a different location, first release, then renew the IP address. Computers on DHCP networks often (depends on network setup) re-establish network connectivity automatically.

Back
Top Bottom