IP question.

prophet1

Beta member
Hey guy/girls. Iam new here, so I hope this is where my question goes.

Is there any way for me to change my IP address manualy? I've read stuff about being able to go into your computers ms dos and changing it, or just disconnecting your modem for half an hour will change it, but I havent tried any of this because I dont want to screw up my computer. I need to change it because someone in my family got banned from one of the sites a frequently visit (got into an argument with the forum moderator) and now I cant even view the site. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it wuld help me out alot. Thanks all.

Most ISPs don't have a fixed static IP address for their customers, switching the modm off and then back on a short while later will usually do the trick.

So IF i just turn my modem off, or unplug it, then wait say 30 mins and plug it back in, my ISP and IP addy will change? If it isnt a fixed static addy?

I unplugged my modem from the power bar for about 30 mins, plugged it back in and restarted my pc and it didnt work.

does anyone know if this works? clicking on Start, then Run, then type CMD, then press enter. After that, type ipconfig /release and then enter. Then type ipconfig /renew and then enter. That should also renew your IP.

no that will not work, the only people who have control of your IP is your ISP, everytime you connect to your ISP to surf the net the the last numbers of you address will change and thats it.

Back
Top Bottom