Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #11
xxcobraxx

Default Re: IP adress

lol it was copied and pasted from a site, seen it lots of times.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #12
xxcobraxx

Every computer connected to the Internet has a unique identifier called an IP address. On many networks, the IP address of a computer is always the same. On other networks, a random IP address is assigned each time a computer connects to the network. This is what we are referring to when we ask if you have a static or a dynamic IP address. If a system uses dynamic addressing, the IP can change quite often.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #13
In Runtime

My reply was not copied from any site. I breifly explained how diffrent IP assigining works. The example you posted that I apparently "copy and pasted" is not only siginificantly diffrent, its written in a compleatly diffrent context.

I sujest in future cobra you dont try and degrade the credibility of others just because none of your previous replys were acctualy relevent to reality.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #14
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to crazyjoe16 Send a message via MSN to crazyjoe16 Send a message via Yahoo to crazyjoe16

i'm pretty sure ur pc ip is always the same and ur internet ip changes....that's all i know lol
crazyjoe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #15
In Runtime

Dont let the guy with no idea confuse you, I dont have the slightest idea what a "PCIP" is, simply because your PC has no IP, network harware attached to your system using the TCP/IP protocol (or simmilar) is assigned an IP address.

In general if you have a network behind a router your router has an IP address that is visable by anyone on the intenet and you have a seperate set of IP addresses for each system or device on the internal network.

Likewise if you have Dial up and a network adapter your system will have a Network IP and your Dial up (internet) IP address.

Both are independant and only the internet connection IP is relevent when dealing with internet matters.

Hope this helps explain things.