Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:11 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: IP Address Hider

I wouldn't honestly think he'd be hiding it to do that. He might think for example it could protect him from hackers.

Zone Alarm though will hide some numbers of your I.P anyway so it can't be traced. To test if it is, open it up, and go to Overview, and then the Prefrences tab at the top.

Finally select it to 'Hide my IP address when applicable' and this should help.

I hope this helps

Old 06-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Nothing is untraceable.. You would Have to run through many different proxies and computer to try and hid yours.. Your best bet for that would be to take over another computer and make that computer do the work you need.

But proxies are a good way to stay hidden fromt the internet and the average websites and internet.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #13
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzStPoint
Nothing is untraceable.. You would Have to run through many different proxies and computer to try and hid yours.. Your best bet for that would be to take over another computer and make that computer do the work you need. But proxies are a good way to stay hidden fromt the internet and the average websites and internet.
I couldn't have explained it better than you have for others to understand the limits of proxies. Thanks Buzz!
Old 06-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #14
Baseband Member

you could always write you own software that will catch all outgoing packets and remove the ip address from the packet itself. but I mean, that would be almost the same as going through a proxy that will hide your ip. Because if I am not mistaken, which i probably am, don't they just remove your ip and place another there in its place or not put anything there at all. So the only thing is that everytime you go through a router over the internet, it places it's own little wrapping around that packet with it's ip addy and information and stuff and that is how stuff is tracked, i think. probably some holes in the theory, but that is how i understand it.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:08 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

yeah kinda.. Depending on the proxy. and how many people use that proxy, it has advantages.. Some proxies develop a cache. This allows for faster internet browsing..

If your talented enough to write your own program to do this then great! Please let me know how..

You can go here as well http://www.anonymizer.com/
use the input in the upper left or download there bar to surf hidden..
Old 06-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #16
Baseband Member

I have taken a networking class and I still have the book that talked about doing this, but I am not familiar with the exact code...basically, you would probably write some structure to put all the packet info into and then change it and send it on its way.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:03 PM   #17
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
I wouldn't honestly think he'd be hiding it to do that. He might think for example it could protect him from hackers.

Zone Alarm though will hide some numbers of your I.P anyway so it can't be traced. To test if it is, open it up, and go to Overview, and then the Prefrences tab at the top.

Finally select it to 'Hide my IP address when applicable' and this should help.

I hope this helps
ahh no that doesn't hide your ip address from the internet it only hides your ip address from the zone alarm people, notice it says
"Whenever i request info from Zone Labs" and then there is the option of hiding your ip address so thats not hiding your ip address from people on the internet only from zone labs
Old 09-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

oh... never mind then Didn't know that...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #19
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
oh... never mind then Didn't know that...
lol
Old 04-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #20
Solid State Member

Here is a HYPOTHETICAL situation. I play poker at pokerstars.com but there was a misunderstanding and they blocked my computer from playing there. Would a proxy help out my situation?

Closed Thread