IP Address Hider

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim1

BSOD
Does anybody know of any prefebly free software that hides your IP Address i know that Zonealarm has a hide ip address setting but i aint sure it works. i want software for this becouse ive heard that hiding your ip address can reduce spyware?
Thanx.

i have a friend of mine (eyes rolling backwards) that thought he might get something to hide his ip address. he was file sharing music and stuff.
anyways he found out he was stuffed, and couldn't hide his ip address.
woz

I have zone alarm, and yea it reduces spyware by itself! you don't really need to hide your ip, but a good way to do it is to get onto a router that would sub your ip, to where your computer is not based on the main IP address, only the router would be.

"hiding" your IP address will not reduce your chances of getting spyware. Its you letting the spyware in, the problem is you.

-You need to stop pirating stuff, (if you are).

-Dont just install things because they are free, or your computer tells you that you "need" to. Its your computer, dont let it use you.

-Use firefox, if your using IE then you can mabey blame it a bit. Use Firefox instead.

its not just being illegal, pretty much any site that you can go to can have spyware in the source, to where you automatically download it... the best thing is just to have 2 or more anti-spyware programs on your computer. I use Lavasoft's Ad-Aware SE and Microsoft's Anti-Spyware Beta. Both of those work like a charm and pick up what the other one doesnt see.

I didn't mean just not being illegal but i meant like not using p2p networks ILLEGALLY i love p2p it's how my friends and i send documents..

Hiding your IP has nothing to do with being Illegal or not. Could just be that you want to be anonymous.

Hiding your IP address is kinda like having your mail delivered to a PO Box... same thing..

Anyhooot

What you want to do is look up free Proxy software.
Once you find a proxy software you like. You can do a google search for free anonymous proxy servers. Add the Proxy IP and, and now your invisible to the internet.

Here is some more information if you like.
http://www.proxy4free.com/index.html

BuzzStPoint said:
Add the Proxy IP and, and now your invisible to the internet.

You will be invisible to the Internet and untracable to your real IP until you violate local/federal statures. Once you commit a crime, the proxy server is obliged to share records with the investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom