IP Address

Some ISPs though use a static Internet IP address. My service provider (Verizon) uses a static, so anywhere I go, my IP address is the same. You might wanna check with your ISP. They might offer another IP address for you. But you can always use a proxy for free.

Jervin, are you talking about a mobile card used in laptops? If that is the case, it may be required to use a static IP address because it uses the cell phone signal.

The internet connection speed will not be effected by your IP address. The internet connection does not change, but it simply gets a different "identification" if you will, to access the internet. Do you have a router or is your computer hooked up directly from your Cable/DSL modem?
well when i reset my homehub now the speed changes as its new and apparently the line needs to settle. i should be able to get 4mb+ here yet im only just over 2mb, which i was at before. so basically they havent done much about my speed :(

anyway rant over. if restarting the router doesnt work just use www.shadow.com
works fast and should be fine

I am doing this because a forum banned my IP address and I really want to use the forum , it is "Sythe", the thing I have just realized is, when I switch my IP address will it make my internet connection different? I really don't want that unless it is the same, because my internet connection is really fast, and I want it to stay that way.

^^About what you said, I would like to take this into consideration but I need help, I have 2 things, a wireless router and a modem, which do I unplug...and also, I just pull it out...that is all...will anything happen to the computer? And when I plug it back in will the internet connection be the same?

Please Help

The guys here should not really be telling you how to cheat a banning from a forum. It's skirting on the edge of the rules here.
Besides care to share why you got banned?

Back
Top Bottom