Iolo System Mechanic 7.5.3

chopper1

Beta member
I have the newest System Mechanic version 7.5.3 and it just ain't working out.
Does anyone else have this software and are you having problems with it?
The System Mechanic v 6 Pro worked very well and I liked it better but I can't find it for download anymore.

What kind of problems are you having with it? I have an older version of System Mechanic. Didnt have a problem with it, only thing is that it takes a long time to do tasks than other programs, so I dont use it.

It doesn't remove the contents of the temp folder.

The incinerator won't incinerate everything in the incinerator.It leaves something in there that won't show up when the incinerator is opened.
To get the incinerator to empty itself you must uninstall the program and reinstall.

The "clean internet browsing tracks" get's hung up on sending files to the incinerator or the recycle bin.Then it starts saving the info to an undo file.

The only cookies that get erased are the ones that are in the "manage cookies' file.The windows temp folder is left intact.

Those are what I've found so far,it's hard to tell what else SM 7.5.3 isn't doing as advertised.

I'm no heavy user of my computer but I want to keep it working like it did when it was new and squeaky clean.
S M 7 pro didn't have all these problems so I'm sure it's the new version causing the trouble.I'v contacted Iolo customer support and recieved what looked like a form letter response that had no answers at all.

I'm hoping that if there is a problem with the program enough potential customers will see this and hold off buying or renewing the software.

Yeah, the program is a bit bulky and doesnt perform as well as smaller better programs. Download CCleaner. It does some of what System Mechanich does, but alot faster! I use the combination of these programs, which IMO is a better equivalent to System Mechanic.

CCleaner
Ad-aware
Wise Registry Cleaner

And if you want, you can also throw in AVG antivirus.

Just google them, they are all free to use.

Back
Top Bottom