"Invalid boot.ini", need help!

*hdd = hard drive...

1. open your case...
2. take out your hdd...
3. take the hdd to a store (preferably one that sells computer stuff, not the grocery store :p )...
4. ask someone who works there for an external usb hdd enclosure that would be compatible with your hdd (IDE, SATA, etc.), if possible, see if they'll install your hdd into the enclosure...
5. buy it, go home, plug it into your laptop's usb port and start transferring files over from your hdd to your laptop...
6. put your hdd back into the case and reinstall windows...

a relatively cheap solution if you don't know how to or can't fix the boot problem...

Thanks.

Alright, how do I take out the hard drive while making sure not to screw anything up? Is it easy, or, something that I shouldn't be messing around with?

So, after I take out the hard drive, I find a external usb hdd enclosure to put it in, and then plug it into the laptop to transfer the files? When I turn on my laptop with the external usb hdd enclosure plugged into my laptop, will I need to do anything special to find the files, or will I be able to find them through My Computer and make the transfer?

Back
Top Bottom